Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site and over phone lines. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are Mark’s Electrical Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 04463433 and our registered office is at Marks Electrical, Elland Road, Leicester, LE3 1TU. Our registered VAT number is 424 6745 44.
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0116 251 4513 or by writing to us at email@example.com or Marks Electrical, Elland Road, Leicester, LE3 1TU.
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the
- Please note that prices go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your delivery is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any products you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the products we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will cancel the order and refund you any sums you have paid.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except American Express and Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card, cheque and PayPal.
- We reserve the right to apply surcharges to payments made by credit cards to reflect the transaction charges levied by the respective credit card companies.
- Full payment for your products is taken when a new order is created (only applicable to non-finance purchases).
- If you choose to pay by cheque then your order will only be processed once the cheque has been received and cleared.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- We deliver to England and Wales with the exception of some outlying areas. (See our delivery page for exceptions).
- Delivery is free for orders over £100; however we may charge a premium for rapid delivery and the costs will be as displayed on our website.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. However delivery dates may be delayed by events outside our control (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant products, as no claims will be accepted. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if there is a delay and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering the products.
- The day before delivery we endeavour to advise all customers of an estimated 2 hour delivery timeslot.
- You will be notified of your 2 hour delivery timeslot by email and SMS between 7pm and 8pm the day before delivery providing you have given us sufficient contact details.
- If you have chosen our same day delivery service, you will be notified of your 2 hour delivery timeslot by email and SMS between 5.30pm and 6pm the evening of delivery providing you have given us sufficient contact details.
- You cannot choose your own delivery timeslot as these are allocated by our automated route planning system. Once issued your timeslot cannot be changed, therefore someone must be present at the delivery address and able to accept the products upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 12 noon one working day before delivery.
Failed delivery charges (see the table of charges below) may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the
- You cancel the order after the point at which the products have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of delivery.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify our telesales operators of. By booking your own delivery date at the checkout you are agreeing that there are no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of.
- We will only deliver to ground floor properties (unless a lift is available); this can include a maximum of 4 steps. Certain products may be delivered up or down a flight of stairs at additional cost. Call us to find out if the items you require can be delivered in this way.
- Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
- We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the address given by you.
- Damaged and Faulty Goods
- We will supply products that are in conformance with this contract and nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- If you discover that the products which you have received are faulty, you should notify us immediately. You have the right to a full refund if a fault is discovered within 30 days of delivery.
- Unwanted Products
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after receipt of the products, without giving a reason. You may use the Model Cancellation Form attached at the Schedule to these terms (which you can send to us by email or post to the address above) but you do not have to.
- You have the choice of returning the products via your own means (at your own cost to Marks Electrical Ltd, Elland Rd, Leicester, LE3 1TU), or requesting that we collect them. We will charge you the direct cost to us of collection which is £49.99 per item. We may however choose to reduce the collection charge if you are purchasing another product from us.
- You have a duty of care while the products are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The products received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- Any other handling of the products which has diminished the value of the products e.g. damage or wear and tear. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and within 14 days of the cancellation date.
- Additional Services
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation.
- Additional services which have been ordered but are then declined upon delivery are non-refundable, as we allocate space for these services on our delivery vehicles. This includes 'Old Product Collection', 'Unwrap and Remove Packaging' and 'Two Man Delivery' services.
- We offer an installation service in some areas. Please see our installation terms and conditions for more details about this service.
- If a connection fails because the customer did not inform of us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the reasons mentioned on the installation terms and conditions page we reserve the right to make a failed connection charge (see the table below).
- Accuracy of Product Information
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- Data Security
- How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK from time to time when processing any personal data which you provide.
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years’ cover
- We offer extended 5 year warranties which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website or over the telephone.
- These are underwritten by UK General Insurance Services and administered by Corporate Support Solutions.
- Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for further information.
- These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms or the contract between us shall be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Summary of Charges
|Failed delivery||Re-delivery||£24.99 per item|
|Cancellation||£49.99 per item|
|Failed installation/connection||50% of connection charge per appliance|
MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
To Marks Electrical, Elland Road, Leicester, LE3 1TU or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following products [insert description of the products bought].
Ordered on [insert date]/received on [insert date].
Customer signature (only if this form is completed on paper):
VAT Reg. No.: 424 6745 44
Company No.: 04463433